Thursday, February 23, 2012

Breadcrumbs shows wrong URL


Today I have gone thru a very good example of auto redirection. I was doing some routine exercise on a custom list and converted it to XSLT view in SharePoint Designer to customize it. For safety I took couple of copied of AllItems.aspx page and started customizing default one. For some reason I did not like customization and I deleted the original AllItems.aspx and renamed the copied one.

Issue:
Now when I go to List Settings from browser and click on the list name in bread crumb it redirected me to Web Portal.
(I went to list settings to delete the list, but suddenly I found I was deleting something wrong J) this was more than shocking to me as I missed to make necessary changes.

Resolution:
This was really small and easy change I made, went to SharePoint Designer > Browsed to List > Right Clicked on Properties > Supporting Files > Default view Page.
Make sure it displays “AllItems.aspx” page, in my case it was blank.

Popular Posts

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed on this blog are the personal views of Pratik's SharePoint Blog, and do not represent or reflect the viewpoints or policies of any past, present, or future employer, colleague, or customer, or any other entity. The posts on this blog are provided ‘as is’ with no warranties, express or implied, and confer no rights. Use of information contained within this blog, including specific technical steps mentioned herein, is at your own risk. References to specific software products, processes, resources, or companies do not imply any endorsement.